I had a good work session at the hangar today. In the morning I closed off a bunch of small items, and in the afternoon I attacked the fuel line from the right tank to the fuel selector. I originally made that fuel line a long time ago, then when I installed the wing leveler servo I discovered that the location I chose for it interfered with the way I had bent the fuel line. So, I pulled the fuel line out and put it on my To Do List. Well, today I finally got to that item. It was a pain in the butt to get it sorted out, as now that all the wiring is in, it made it impossible to manoeuvre the whole fuel line in place. I had to make it in two pieces, with an AN815 union to connect them together. It took quite a bit of screwing around to get all the bends in the right place - I destroyed a hanger so I could use the wire to do trial templates. But in the end it worked out pretty much perfectly. I just need to make some spacers to put between the wing spar and the Adel clamps so the AN815 union doesn't press on the spar.

I'm quite satisfied with the progress I've made lately. I still have quite a bit of work to do, but I am working my way through the remaining items on the To Do List at a good rate. This weekend I got that list down to less than one page, and I got one of the more worrisome items (that fuel line) off the list. Barring some strange event, I really should be able to do the first flight sometime this summer. I am really, really hoping to get it done in time to allow me to take the aircraft to the annual Oshkosh fly-in, but there are a whole bunch of ways that this plan could fall apart.